Monday, April 23, 2007

The End of an Era
My time as a Dodger employee has come to an end. While I had a good time working there, it's much more fun to be a fan. Yesterday was my final day, and coincidentally it was autograph day. Juan Pierre earned a bit of his paycheck by signing autographs outside the store for an hour. I'd much rather he earn his money on the field, but we all know that ain't happening. Manny Mota and Kenny Landreaux were also with him.

Later, during the game, Pierre dropped a fly ball that my left nut sack could have caught, allowing Jack Wilson (who was tagging up) to score from third. But with his sissy throwing arm, it wouldn't have made a difference had he caught it. It begs the question: what's more embarrassing: Dropping an easy pop-up? or showing 50,000 people that you throw like a girl? Tough call.

Celebrity Sightings of the Day
Other than Pierre, Mota and Landreaux, I also saw Justin Hartley, the dude who played the Green Arrow on Smallville. I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about. Famous, that guy is.

Drewed Again
Last year the Dodgers hit four home runs in a row to beat the Padres. J. D. Drew hit the second of those four homers. Yesterday, the Boston Red Sox hit four home runs in a row to beat the Yankees, with Drew again hitting the second of those four. What an asshole.

Btw, someone in the Dodger store yesterday asked if we had any J. D. Drew autographed balls. He was immediately thrown out of the stadium.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home