Saturday, June 14, 2008

Wow, it's been a while!
So a lot has happened in the 8 months since my last post. I'm writing this in the wee hours of the morning as I fail miserably in my attempt to sleep before my graduation ceremony. That's right, I'm getting a college degree. The insomnia I am currently experiencing does not bode well for my state of wellness in tomorrow's all-important event (never drink Starbucks after 8pm). I should be able to make up my sleep during the ceremony tomorrow, as the speeches promise to be impossibly long and unbearably boring. The excitement is almost overwhelming.

Why haven't I written in 8 months? A lot of reasons, really. My tenure at the NFL network ended uneventfully, and I lost most interest in football for the rest of the year. The world will have to forever go without my take on Spygate, Pac-man, and Ced Benson's drinking binges. What a shame. After football season, I just lost interest in most things sports. The Dodgers were terrible, and still are. And the Lakers, while having gone on an amazing run, just didn't inspire any post-worthy thoughts from me. Maybe the new Sasha Vuajcic headband I've been wearing is on too tight. There just weren't enough LA sports happenings to gush over. And I had to concentrate on, you know ... graduating.

I have remedied this problem by changing the direction of this blog. I have renamed it and changed the template, and will also change the contents from now on. This will no longer be a strict sports blog. From now on I will be talking about anything I damn well please, which is really how it should have begun in the first place. I hope to now share "information for life", and also to increase my readership to double digits.

Much of the inspiration of this revival is due to the fancy new red Dell M1330 that I am now the proud owner of. Why red? Call it a result of ordering a computer just days after seeing Iron Man. I don't regret it, however. This thing looks pretty damn cool in red. So here's to a second life for this blog and future postings that don't bore non-sports fans into clicking over to the Superficial.

2 Comments:

At 11:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yayy more of the content i will understand :)

 
At 11:38 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the mccainiac must have something to say

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home