Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Week 4 Results
I gained some respectability back this past week, going 9-5 with my picks. That pushes my season record to 28-27-7. I'm back over .500, which is good since I was seriously considering just blowing this whole thing up if I had another bad week.

The underdogs have been ridiculous this year, beating up on favored teams like San Diego and Chicago. It's been throwing me off. There's a fat chance I'll be taking the points on either of those teams for the rest of the season. New England and Indianapolis are a different story. It always feels safe to take the over with those teams. If they don't end up in the AFC championship game, I'll be shocked.


Week 5 Picks
Yeah, I know it's only Wednesday and I shouldn't be making my picks this early, but I've got a busy rest of the week and I don't know if I'll have time to do this later. So here goes. Let's hope nobody important gets hurt between now and Sunday.

Arizona (-3.5) over St. Louis
Baltimore (-3.5) over San Francisco
San Diego (+1.5) over Denver
Green Bay (-3) over Chicago
Houston (-5.5) over Miami
Indianapolis (-10) over Tampa Bay
Jacksonville (-2) over Kansas City
Cleveland (+16.5) over New England
New Orleans (-3) over Carolina
NY Jets (+3.5) over NY Giants
Seattle (+5.5) over Pittsburgh
Atlanta (+8.5) over Tennessee
Washington (-3.5) over Detroit
Dallas (-10) over Buffalo

Couple close ones here:

Yes, I'm taking Cleveland to cover over the Patriots. The Browns looked real good last week in thumping the Ravens, and the Pats can't possibly throttle every single team in the league for the rest of the season, can they? Pats still win, but I say the margin will be in the 10 to 15 range.

San Diego has been awful this season, so I really shouldn't be taking them over Denver. Except I just don't think the Broncos are that good. The Chargers can't go 1-4, can they? If that's what ends up happening, their fans will have the noose ready for Norv Turner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home