Sunday, May 21, 2006

Another thing I forgot to mention the other day: With all the hoopla people give to "Whatever Phone Company is Paying Us Now" Park in San Fran, you'd think it would be heaven on earth. It is a beautiful park, on the water and all, but there are a couple glaring eyesores/problems I have with it.

The first is the giant coke slide in left field. Now, I love coke. It's the best drink in the world. But a slide? At a ballpark? Shouldn't the kids be watching the game? I've never been a big fan of other distractions at the ballpark. Some stadiums have playgrounds and theme park rides and other attractions which make you wonder why people didn't just buy a ticket to Six Flags instead of going to the ballpark. Arizona's pool is the worst of these. Who goes swimming at the ballpark in center field??? Stupidest thing in a baseball stadium. This is why Dodger Stadium is so great. All there is is baseball and great scenery, and no stupid side distractions. Maybe I'm just biased.

The second thing, I can't believe nobody mentions. It's glaringly obvious and a huge annoyance, and that is the seagulls that hover above the park. A couple years ago my buddies Rem, Jon and I went to SF for spring break. We caught the annual preseason Bay Series between the Giants and A's at the then titled SBC Park (I think). We were having a great time eating seeds and rooting for the Giants to lose until around the end of the 7th when the seagulls migrated to our section. Two people in our section got pooed on before we decided to get ourselves outa there. It was not a pleasant experience having to vacate our seats. Being shat on is not something you should have to think about when you go to the ballpark. Note to the Giants: Please do something about this. Put some bird repellant on the park or a net or something. Else I'll just have to bring a shotgun nextime and make sure no birds come near me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home